Kalmia latifolia 'Forever Red'
photo: Adam R. Wheeler, Broken Arrow Nursery
- Richard A. Jaynes
- named by Richard A. Jaynes
- within 10 years: 2.5 ft x 2.3 ft
- Colour: the flower does not open
- tissue culture
- Crossing: 2000
- Naming: 2010
- Introduction: 2011
- Registration: 2011
- Jaynes, Richard A., 2011: New Mountain Laurel Selections and Inheritance Information. Journal American Rhododendron Society
- The flower buds develop approximately a week after the native laurel and never fully open. However they remain in good condition for at least two weeks after the other mountain laurels have finished blooming. 'Forever Red' has the tight buds of MacLise and the bud color of Raspberry Glow. It is a second generation offspring
of theses cultivars.